StarNews Predicts Luxe Amenities You Have to Have
StarNews Online compiled a list of 10 forward-thinking items that are trending in home improvement! Writer Paul Steven considered some of the luxe amenities to be seen at the 29th Annual Parade of Homes.
1. Gone are the days of ward-wired speaker cables snaking through the house! The Sonos Wireless HiFi system is highly sought after.
2. 3-5 foot wide Linear Fireplaces with gas hearths add a modern coziness to any room
3. Smart Climate Controls are the thing to have now. Adjust your temperature systems remotely with your phone, based on automatically transmitted "weather reports" from your house!
4. Upgrading the bathroom is a must. Add a level of sophistication and functionality with a dual entry shower, a huge tiled chamber with entry on either side of a privacy wall.
5. Solatubes are an upgrade on those old, leaky skylights. Once installed, these pipes dispense natural light to every nook and cranny!
6. Wilmington-based Bradford Products swimming pools are the top tier in aquatic recreation. They have installed spas and pools from Qatar to Cali!
7. Outdoor kitchens with elaborate grill stations and fire pits, refrigerators and wet bars are in high demand, especially amongst sun-loving coastal residents.
8. Forward-thinking gadgets are great, but heirloom touches are equally sought after! Salvaged wood is huge right now, from reclaimed tables to custom furniture.
9. Why settle for a conventional 30" wide stove? Commercial grade kitchens with 6-burner ranges by Viking or Wolf are a fine trade for the loss of counter space.
10. Wallpaper may be coming 'back,' but wall treatments that are bold and sculptural are 'in' right now. Add drama or create a focal piece with interlocking wall tiles, rather than paint or paper.